A Siphon uses 8-gram disposable capsules that can carbonate only the content of the Siphon bottle (average 750ml to 1000ml). The bottle is often a metal one and needs pre-cooling before you can use it. Good for Whipped Cream but not for Sparkling water and daily use.
There are lots of moving parts in a Siphon and it takes some time and good shaking to make Sparkling Water.
We often get asked why we don’t sell Soda Syphon and the answer is simple:
There are much better solutions available since 2015 and they are called Soda Maker.
Advantages of a Soda Maker
- CO2 cylinders can be refilled and hold 50 times more CO2
- CO2 refills are much cheaper and eco-friendly
- No waiting or shaking to fizz your beverage
- As many PET Spare Bottles as you like at low prices
- No moving parts that you could loose
Now you know why a Soda Siphon is “old-tech” and why more than a 100 years later Soda Makers have replaced them, unless you want to make whipped cream.
If you’re like us and love your Sparkling Water and Sparkling Juices then get a Soda Maker. Grandpa’s Siphon makes a great decoration but it’s really impractical.